Skip to main content

Lilac Room

Thank you lilac room, you've served me well,
I'm sorry for all the nail polish and tea I've spilled,
You've seen my secrets, my fears,
my best friends, my tears,
My loves and lost encased within your walls

A little girl grew up in here,
But she's far too grown up to live here anymore.

If I'm honest, my posters won hands down,
I even miss my lilac rug and dressing gown.
Flower stickers, books and toys,
cringey notes to year 6 boys,
now a can of paint is sitting on the floor

A little girl grew up in here,
she's far too grown up to live here anymore.

So here we are, the final goodbye,
I've got the leave the nest,
but I'm not sure how to fly.
Thank you room,
you'll always be
my warmest place,
 a home to me,
Turn off the lights and finally close the door.

A little girl grew up in here,
She's far too grown up to live here anymore. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: For my friends

I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.

BLIND

I don't hate you, Because I still love you. I can't look at you, Because it hurts to. We don't talk, Because there is nothing left to say. You apologized, but I still walked away. I'm leaving you and the thought of you behind, Because I just need to clear my mind. I'm angered because you wasted my time, Hurt because I believed you were mine, But I just didn't see the signs. I guess that's why they say love is blind,

December : old habits die hard:

Old habits die hard, So roll a dice , and lay down a card And neck your drink, pour a shot, drink until alls forgot. Could grab my fags light em up or add some ket into my cup Might as well get all the drugs because any will do numb my pain For an hour or two. I’ll grab the takeaway, Stuff my gob More and more that’ll do the job.