Skip to main content

April: A modern love story

A head pops up and fades away ,
I sit here wondering what you were going to say,
are you finally going to confirm it ,
what I’ve been told,
that you actually like me ,
and I’ve been nothing but cold.

I guess I’ve been avoiding it ,
the elephant in the room,
afraid that to bring it up ,
that it would bring our friendships doom.

So ,you go first and I’ll reveal the rest,
I know it’s akwkward and scary
and we both feel stressed.


It’s already 3am,
this will probably take all night.
but it’s important to think about what to say
gotta get my words right.
You’ve become so important to me,
there’s not been a day we haven’t talked,
I’ve never cared for boys before,
but with you I’ve hesitated and thought,
just for a couple of seconds a day,
could this work ,
could we be okay?

You see,
With you everything is easy,
conversation’s never been a challenge,
you make me smile from ear to ear,
we just seem to simply just,
 balance

Should we just be friends,
will it all be too much,
I can’t stop thinking about how others will judge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: For my friends

I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.

BLIND

I don't hate you, Because I still love you. I can't look at you, Because it hurts to. We don't talk, Because there is nothing left to say. You apologized, but I still walked away. I'm leaving you and the thought of you behind, Because I just need to clear my mind. I'm angered because you wasted my time, Hurt because I believed you were mine, But I just didn't see the signs. I guess that's why they say love is blind,

December : old habits die hard:

Old habits die hard, So roll a dice , and lay down a card And neck your drink, pour a shot, drink until alls forgot. Could grab my fags light em up or add some ket into my cup Might as well get all the drugs because any will do numb my pain For an hour or two. I’ll grab the takeaway, Stuff my gob More and more that’ll do the job.