Skip to main content

Mindset

I keep preaching to work hard and follow your dreams,
yet my mindset has been the complete opposite lately. 

I’m sitting around in idleness, achieving absolutely nothing, 

thinking to myself, what’s happening to me?
It’s like I’m purposely choosing to trap myself in this cage, and if I fail? 

I’ll only have myself to blame.

I can’t bring myself to do anything when I’m in this state,
So when I preach to others,I feel so fake.

I’ve gotten used to this feeling, I’ve become comfortable,
I’ve lost count of the days,
It’s all become one long stream of consciousness 

where everyday feels the same.
No routine, no stability - lately, there hasn’t even been a plan A.
Just sleeping, doing nothing and wasting the time away.
I’ve become the person I hate. 

Feeling all sense of hopelessness, 

constantly making the same mistakes again, and again, and again.

My mind has gone blank, I've lost ambition, 
and it just becomes harder and harder to feel inspired,
I guess I could just put my makeup on and pretend like everything’s fine,
but truth is, I’ve never really been a good liar.

So instead I'll hide away from the world - ashamed to show people my face.
beat myself up over the fact that I’ve literally achieved nothing these past couple of days. 
I wish I can wake up and just switch from this phase 
become motivated overnight and start to revise and create. 

It’s so frustrating when my mind doesn’t seem to want to work that way, 
I’ve become so negative and I’m tired of it, 
The only way out is forcing myself to change. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Results Day

Today is results day... Today is the day where I discover my long-awaited fate. Am I going to fail and regret every decision I’ve ever made? or am I going to pass , in which case I’m destined to be okay, or at least that’s what people say.   That’s on the condition that I go on to do well at the next stage Yet why must my life be a continuous series of tests and games? I’ve been absolutely dreading this day,   I can feel my heart beating out of my chest just pleading for this moment to go away.   Knowing that people are going to ask me what I’ve got is something I cannot face.   The pressure to do well hangs over me like a dead weight. What will people say? What if I’m the only one who fails and everyone else does great? It seems that we’re put under so much pressure at a young age   Expected to know what we want to do with our lives, make the right choices, get the best grades.   And expected to somehow, come out of it all okay. We’re not encouraged to figure o

Endings:

I made the decision to leave my university course – and not being able to change courses so late in the year then meant leaving the university and my flat until next year. And this was all damn hard .My life has been full of turbulent change since September, and just when I felt settled again I had to rip it all out from under me . I've been left with debts to pay, had to find a new job, and adjust to being back home.  But , things could still be worse . I’ve got my health, a supportive family and even more supportive friends. And I don’t regret one second at university – even with all the flat drama and the course- as there’s still so much I’ve learnt these past couple of months. And sometimes in life you’ve got to weigh up what is most important to you. It was nearly a year ago now that I choose to do this course . It all happened because I was told that I needed to do a degree with an “actual job” at the end of it, not a useless one.I choose a degree that was career ori

Dark side of University: Academic pressure , suicide and depression.

In general, I think university has become so over-hyped that when people get there it can’t help but be different to expectations. Often , uni is described as the “best time of your life”- and for many people it is . For many, it’s a time where you get to meet lots of new people , have endless fun and drunken antics with flatmates, and when you get to pursue a degree or career you love , and have endless freedom. But this ignores how there is also an increasing proportion of people who do not get to enjoy this university experience. People which academic pressure, isolation, homesickness, depression and suicide all affect every year in the thousands…  These people are part of “the dark side of university” – a side that often goes unspoken about. That was until recently – in programs such as the BBC’s Death on campus: our story. This was a 30 minute program exploring the events that led up to 3 students at university taking their own lives. The program reminded viewers of the s