Skip to main content

LFCC

As the clock ticked eight,
And we were beginning to wait,
It didn't take long to realise they were going to be late.

We sped off to get them ,
but they'd done the same
The whole thing became part of a funny cat and mouse game.
We sorted everything out and started to drive ,
Whilst I discussed our chances of staying alive. 

Caitlan did her makeup then we messed with our phones ,
Whilst my mum educated dad on the cast of game of thrones.
It didn't take long before we were there,
We found the right queue and stood in the air. 

We got given our wrist bands;headed to the hall
Where cosplayers and nerds were already having a ball.

We went round the stalls , spent all that we had;
And got pictures with cosplayers,there was no time to be sad .

With decisions on posters, that should have been simple,
Lonnie and Caitlan went loopy and started to giggle

We headed upstairs, where the books were awaiting,
We sat down for lunch ,without much debating. 

We wondered round the books and picked up some freebies,
Which I accepted happily seeing myself as the needy.

 Lonnie bought more books then she could ever read,
Though we all knew that they were a want ,not a need  
We loved seeing all the different Harley quinns,
But looking for the Bucky pop vinyl ?
Guess you could say my patience wore thin.

We finally sat down and had a rest ,
And debated about the costumes that we thought were the best.
Soon it was done, what a wonderful day ,

To London film and comic con ? see you next year ,we say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: For my friends

I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.

BLIND

I don't hate you, Because I still love you. I can't look at you, Because it hurts to. We don't talk, Because there is nothing left to say. You apologized, but I still walked away. I'm leaving you and the thought of you behind, Because I just need to clear my mind. I'm angered because you wasted my time, Hurt because I believed you were mine, But I just didn't see the signs. I guess that's why they say love is blind,

December : old habits die hard:

Old habits die hard, So roll a dice , and lay down a card And neck your drink, pour a shot, drink until alls forgot. Could grab my fags light em up or add some ket into my cup Might as well get all the drugs because any will do numb my pain For an hour or two. I’ll grab the takeaway, Stuff my gob More and more that’ll do the job.