Skip to main content

Before I fall

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow.
Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers.
So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today.
The truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

What would you do if today was your last day?
Would you be happy with how you spent it if it was to be your last?

We constantly assume that we will have another day.
But each day is a gift, and one that some people do not get.

With the increased suffering and pain of people in the world,
I find it hard to simply take for granted, and wish away , the gift of another day that I have been given.

I wish to be caught up in the moment of the present; not constantly spending my time in the memories of the past.
If I didn’t get a second attempt tomorrow, I want to make sure that I made every second count.

I want to make sure that each day I had achieved something- done something purposeful- no matter how small.

I wish to be remembered for my love and for my kindness.
How I always tried.

I wish to have done something to make a difference to people’s lives, even if the impact was small.

I wish to make sure I leave without the regret that I could have spent my time better, done something more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: For my friends

I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.

BLIND

I don't hate you, Because I still love you. I can't look at you, Because it hurts to. We don't talk, Because there is nothing left to say. You apologized, but I still walked away. I'm leaving you and the thought of you behind, Because I just need to clear my mind. I'm angered because you wasted my time, Hurt because I believed you were mine, But I just didn't see the signs. I guess that's why they say love is blind,

December : old habits die hard:

Old habits die hard, So roll a dice , and lay down a card And neck your drink, pour a shot, drink until alls forgot. Could grab my fags light em up or add some ket into my cup Might as well get all the drugs because any will do numb my pain For an hour or two. I’ll grab the takeaway, Stuff my gob More and more that’ll do the job.