'It's not that I don't want to be happy , it's that , despite my best efforts,I can't bring myself to be happy.'I feel trapped in my mind,embarrassed and ashamed,but why did I have to feel this way?I have a family, friends and good results, therefore I must be okay?Yet all I ever seem to feel is sadness and grey.People will tell me to try sport: go for a walk, listen to meditations.If only this could be solved by some talking therapy and medication.But this is a disease that affects every aspect of my life-my friendships,my family and my education.And it never seems to be solved , so I'm left with frustration.My therapist will say, so why are you sad?Well , if I knew the answer to that ,maybe I wouldn't feel so bad.All I know is I wake everyday feeling like shit,This is my norm now , I've lost my spirit.But, where is the fairness of it all?People tell me you chose how you feel, like I enjoy watching myself fall.Yet, somewhere in my self-loathing I put up a wall,because I don't want others to see this pain or my flaws.I'd really like to believe that I'm not my 'demons in my mind'That I'm more than my 'hurt or my pain', that I feel inside.That I'm stronger then it all , that I can fight.That this is all just 'temporary' ,but it may take some 'time' to feel.
All I've got to do apparently is 'sit tight and heal'.
I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.
Comments
Post a Comment