Skip to main content

I wish

I wish that I could talk to you,
and beg you not to go.
I wish I asked what you were going through,
but now I'll never know.

I wish I’d said goodbye
or told you that I care,
You must have felt all alone,
desperate, hurt, and scared.

I wish I could go back in time;
try to ease your pain,
I would dry all your tears,
when they fell like rain.

I wish that I had some warning of what you'd do that night,
I wish you'd given me a chance to save you, to help you make things right.
It must have been a place so dark ,without any light,
Yet I'm still here, I feel your pain , crying to sleep at night.

I wish that the last time I saw you I didn't rush away.
I wish that I had hugged you harder,
and told you I loved you that day.

I know I can't blame it on you,
But,what else am I supposed to do?

Why did you do it?
Why did you have to die?
We could have talked it over...
Made it all alright.

I wish that you could've soldiered on,
and worked through the pain.
If you had, I promise you,

you’d have been happy one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September: For my friends

I looked for inspiration for this online, researched poems about friendship, looked at ones that rhymed. You see, I wanted this to be good, I wanted this one to matter. These words I wish you to read, After seeing your faces, hearing your laughter and chatter. It’s been months since we’ve all been together, And I didn’t know how It would be, would it be awkward,stilted,would the experience be crappy? But I don’t know what I was worried about , we all fit together as one, tonight was nothing but warm ,sparkling and fun.

BLIND

I don't hate you, Because I still love you. I can't look at you, Because it hurts to. We don't talk, Because there is nothing left to say. You apologized, but I still walked away. I'm leaving you and the thought of you behind, Because I just need to clear my mind. I'm angered because you wasted my time, Hurt because I believed you were mine, But I just didn't see the signs. I guess that's why they say love is blind,

December : old habits die hard:

Old habits die hard, So roll a dice , and lay down a card And neck your drink, pour a shot, drink until alls forgot. Could grab my fags light em up or add some ket into my cup Might as well get all the drugs because any will do numb my pain For an hour or two. I’ll grab the takeaway, Stuff my gob More and more that’ll do the job.